As a Connecticut resident, it’s important to have car insurance that keeps you protected through every season. If you’re looking to get a car insurance quote or just want more information on how to get the best car insurance in CT, we’re here to help. The AARP® Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford has been protecting Connecticut members and their families since 1984. We’re honored to serve residents in this state and are proud to call Connecticut home for over 200 years.<
No matter where you live in the Constitution State, your auto insurance in CT should help make sure you feel protected on the road. At The Hartford, we have a reputation for integrity, trust and high customer ratings for our car insurance claims.
How to Find the Best Car Insurance in CT
Everyone wants to get the best car insurance. In CT, that means finding the coverages that best fit your needs. We can help you when you’re choosing your car insurance and get you the kind of benefits that can really make a difference. Through the AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford, Connecticut drivers can enjoy auto insurance benefits like:<
- 12-Month Rate Protection
- New Car Replacement§§
- Accident Forgiveness‡
- Disappearing Deductible‡
- 24/7 Claim Service
Discounts on Connecticut Car Insurance Rates
- Anti-theft devices, such as alarms or tracking tools
- Airbags if your car has more than one
- Vehicle fuel type, like a hybrid or electric vehicle
- Students who meet certain requirements, like attending an eligible school full time and maintaining a certain grade point average
- Safe driving courses, such as a defensive driver class
- Bundling your auto and home insurancepolicies**
Required Car Insurance Coverages in Connecticut
Car insurance coverage laws vary by state. When you get a quote, we’ll take into consideration the requirements for car insurance in Connecticut. The state requires drivers to carry liability coverage at the following minimum limits:2
- $25,000 for bodily injury liability insurance, per person per accident
- $50,000 for total bodily injury, per accident
- $25,000 for property damage liability insurance, per accident
- $25,000 per person
- $50,000 total per accident
Connecticut Distracted Driving Laws:
Connecticut has a number of laws in place to discourage distracted driving:
- Hand-held cell phones are banned for all drivers in the State of Connecticut.
- New drivers in Connecticut are not allowed to use hand-held or hands-free cellphones.
- Texting while driving is banned in Connecticut.
Connecticut Teen Driver Laws:
- Limit nighttime driving
- Ensure an adequate amount of supervised driving practice
- Restrict the number of teen passengers
Get Car Insurance Quotes in CT Today
Whether you’re driving to the beach or heading to the city, it’s important to work with a car insurance company that you can trust and rely on.
We know every driver is unique and has different needs. Our specialists are here to learn the kind of driver you are and to help you every step of the way. Speak with our specialists if you’re looking for car insurance in Connecticut or if you need to file a claim for an accident. You can have peace of mind knowing we’ve got your back while you’re on the road