While the entire country largely remains standstill due to the pandemic, under the initiative “Mission Begin Again” the city has been slowly resuming operations in a staggered manner.
Recently, Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagari in Goregaon, which was closed for 6 months, has reopened for tourists. As per reports, even Goregaon Film City has been reopened. Earlier, Sanjay Leela Bhansali had gotten the camera rolling in the Film City as he resumed shooting for Gangubai Kathiawadi which is touted to have Alia Bhatt in the lead role.
Although film shoots began soon after the relaxations in the lockdown norms, tourism in Film City was not permitted. As the tourism business was closed for six months, the employment of 30 employees such as drivers, carriers, servants, actors, or anyone who depended on it, was lost. In view of the situation, the employees had demanded to start tourism in Chitranagar. A similar statement was also given to the state government.
Here are the rules applicable to the tourists:
- Disinfection, compliance with regulations, bandages, gloves, temperature recordings are mandatory.
- The temperature of the air-conditioned bus should be 25 to 27 degree Celsius.
- Tourists will have no access to the area if they have mild symptoms of the coronavirus.
- Snacks are not allowed and tourists should bring food from home.
- Senior citizens, children and pregnant women have been denied entry.
- Care should be taken not to disturb the filming of the actors by the tourists.
- About 50 per cent of tourists are to be admitted on the bus.